Updated: Apr 12, 2020
DAY 3 - Date 5th April 2020
“Preparing for Meditation” With Teacher Michael Stavrinides.
Please remember, these are only guidelines to assist you, at all times use your intuition.
1. Meditating in the morning is the best time to meditate, as your mind is usually less cluttered and it is less likely that you will fall asleep. It also puts you in a good mindset for the rest of the day. (If you can not meditate in the morning, that’s ok, meditate when it best suits you.)
2. Turn off all appliances, phones, TV, doorbell, anything that could interrupt your meditation.
3. Decide how long you want to meditate for and, if possible, set a gentle sounding alarm.
4. Dress in comfortable, loose clothing.
5. Find a comfortable place to sit where you will not be disturbed and can be upright. It isn’t advisable to lie down when meditating, and it is important for the upper part of your body to be upright. (As I mentioned before, these are only guidelines, I personally do at least one daily meditation while lying in bed, usually early in the morning.)
6. If it is difficult to sit cross legged on a cushion on the floor, use a chair.
The idea is to keep an upright and aware position. (I also find using a chair very useful.)
7. If the room is very bright dim the lights slightly although you don’t need full darkness, also make sure the room is at a comfortable temperature.
8. While meditating, breath from your belly, not your chest (Place your hand on your belly to feel the rise and fall of your belly, this helps to guide and assist you.) Breathing from the Belly (abdominal region) is our natural way of breathing, when we only breath from our chest area, it is called shallow breathing. If you watch a baby breathing you will notice they breath from the abdominal (Belly) area.
If you have any questions please post them in the “comments” section below and I will do my best to answer them for you.
For more great insights and posts like this visit my BLOG
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
Find out more about Michael Stavrinides
Click on the link below
Michael mobile: (+357) 99447312
(Also Whatsapp and Viber)
Visit our website
click on the link below
© 2020 by Michael Stavrinides